Goodwin seeksto lead NorthCarolina Dems
Anson Co. deputies: Polkton man shot, killed son
2016 in review for Anson County, N.C.
Morven, N.C. student chosen for Disney Dreamers Academy in Florida
3 officer-involved shootings in Anson County in one year
- Anson County 4-H Clover Crawl planned for March 10 - 8:55 pm
- Police: Charlotte, South Carolina men snuck contraband into Lanesboro prison - 3:57 pm
- Army simulator coming to SPCC - 12:12 pm
- Participants picked for Leadership Anson - 11:53 am
- King Charles Ind. to break ground in Lilesville this year - 11:12 am
- Wadesboro police: Man planned to rob, ‘terrorize and injure’ woman - 10:44 am
- FEMA deadline for hurricane relief extended - 9:59 am
- Union County Playmakers, Wingate University host playwriting event - 5:31 pm
- Anson County Barn Blast has new surprises, old favorites - 11:46 pm
- Anson Co. fire departments ask commissioners for tax increase - 3:22 pm
- Girl Scouts introduce new cookie - 2:52 pm
- Rep. Pittenger opens regional office in Monroe, N.C., plans Anson hours - 5:43 pm
- Wingate announces local honor students - 2:34 pm
- Wadesboro felon charged with larceny, assault by pointing a gun - 7:18 pm
- Brooks Brothers helps youth attend inauguration - 6:19 pm
- Breaking, entering suspect arrested - 9:52 am
- GOP Congressmen urge denial of Gov. Roy Cooper’s request to expand Medicaid - 9:37 pm
- Mt. Gilead husband, wife arrested in Wadesboro on fraud charges - 8:34 pm
- Goodwin seeksto lead NorthCarolina Dems - 7:17 pm
- Hampton B. Allen Library will hold reception, tour on Jan. 15 - 4:36 pm
- BRIEFS: Arthritis exercise program, pasture management programs planned - 3:43 pm
- Wadesboro fire chief urges caution after fatal New Year’s Day fire - 10:07 am
- Officials: Morven man fled traffic stop, assaulted officer, had charges from 2014 - 6:03 am
- Wadesboro realtor listed as one of the 0216 top 10 best - 4:05 am
- Peachland man charged with statutory rape of a child under age 15 - 11:22 pm
Anson Co. fire departments ask commissioners for tax increase
WADESBORO — Anson County operates 12 fire engines, eight tankers, two heavy rescue vehicles, one medium rescue vehicle, three water rescue boats...
Rep. Pittenger opens regional office in Monroe, N.C., plans Anson hours
WASHINGTON – Congressman Robert Pittenger, R-Charlotte, has opened a new regional office in downtown Monroe. Located in Old City Hall at 100 Wes...
Wingate announces local honor students
WINGATE, N.C. – The following Anson County undergraduate student was named to the Wingate University President’s List for the 2016 fall se...
Wadesboro felon charged with larceny, assault by pointing a gun
A Wadesboro felon allegedly pointed a gun at a man and robbed him earlier this week, according to police.Demetrius Antwan Campbell, 23, of Wadesboro, ...
Brooks Brothers helps youth attend inauguration
GARLAND — In a couple of weeks, Frederick Hayes will be traveling to the nation’s capital for the 2017 United States Presidential Inaugura...
Mavericks beat Anson
The Bearcats lost a home game to the Marvin Ridge Mavericks last week and are preparing for a game against Sun Valley this week.The 36-22 loss at home...
Team lost to Cuthbertson last Friday
After suffering a home-game loss last week, Coach Ralph Jackson said the Bearcats are preparing for a tough game against Marvin Ridge this Friday.R...
Ashton Locklear gets to live out a lifelong dream
SAN JOSE, Calif. — Ashton Locklear planned for 16 of her 18 years on making the U.S. Olympic Team.So July 10, when the announcement was made in ...
Ashton Locklear refuses to give up on her dream
SAN JOSE, Calif. — Ashton Locklear was 2 years old when she decided she wanted to be an Olympic gymnast.That decision – based on watching ...
Jody Meacham to document Ashton Locklear’s journey at Olympic trials
ROCKINGHAM — The Olympic trials are taking place this weekend in San Jose, California.Hamlet native Ashton Locklear will be vying for a spot on ...
2017: Pledge to native plants
What determines your landscape plant choices? Are you a flower person, or do you seek out plants with a lovely scent? Do you collect unusual plants, o...
Peachland-Polkton kids ask for electronics
KindergartenMs. Herold’s classDear Santa,I want a Frozen car. All of us we love you so much and we don’t see you before Christmas.Love, Sh...
Lilesville kindergarten wants chocolate pens, Apple products
Dear Santa, I love you because you give me presents. Please Santa don’t give me coal. Please Santa give me some presents. Santa Claus I want a b...
Wadesboro Primary kids want hoverboards, phones
KindergartenBeam’s classDear Santa Claus,My name is Tenniya. I am 5 years old. I live in Wadesboro. This year, I have been really good. I would ...
Christmastime during the Civil War
Christmas during the American Civil War (1861-1865) was celebrated by the North and the South. Officially it didn’t become a national holiday un...
A historically productive first 100 days
This week, the 115th Congress officially gaveled into session. With President-elect Trump soon to be inaugurated, my House Republican colleagues and I...
Albemarle inmate: “We can all become productive members of our community”
Hello Anson,Yeah, it’s me again. I know, I know, but I’m on a true divine path of righteousness now. It’s hard to believe a convicte...
Cooper makes a colossal blunder
Roy Cooper spent his last few weeks as governor-elect of North Carolina attacking the state legislature for encroaching on the separation of powers, w...
TAR HEEL VIEW: Fight crime by raising the age of adult charges
Teenagers who aren’t old enough to vote, own real estate or buy a lottery ticket are routinely arrested on petty misdemeanors and booked into th...
Which Galifianakis: Nick or Zach?
Did you ever feel so let down after an election?Many North Carolina Democrats have been asking each other this question every day since they learned t...
The state’s big math problem
If North Carolina were to secede from the union and become an independent country — no, conspiracy theorists, I’m not actually proposing t...