Anson County celebrates Veterans Day
History of the Tollison building in Wadesboro, building set to be demolished soon
Cooper takes Gov. McCrory’s seat, McInnis beats Montgomery for senate
Advocate reflects on mother’s death in domestic violence case at Anson County vigil
Wadesboro probation absconder who died during chase named
- Anson County farmers may be eligible for FSA loans after Hurricane Matthew - 3:56 pm
- Preventing Christmastime fires: Rockingham, N.C. chief offers safety tips - 4:33 pm
- Politics and barbecue, together again - 1:27 pm
- Anson County senior Christmas luncheon scheduled - 11:08 pm
- Tollison building in Wadesboro to be demolished Saturday - 9:46 pm
- Wingate cheerleaders share Christmas love at Novant Matthews - 6:51 pm
- Abbington Grove apartments in Wadesboro, N.C. nearly complete - 8:31 am
- North Carolina Highway Patrol graduates 47 troopers, one from Anson - 3:28 am
- Wadesboro church Christmas gala scheduled - 9:07 pm
- Employee charged in Rockingham Waffle House fire - 6:24 pm
- Wadesboro police settle in new building - 4:31 pm
- Ansonia to show Christmas play written by Lilesville native - 3:01 pm
- Rep. Robert Pittenger outlines plans for NC’s 9th district - 2:49 pm updated: 5:12 pm.
- Santa will visit Wadesboro after parade - 2:49 pm
- Turners plan Anson County Christmastime open house for Relay for Life - 3:04 pm
- Anson Record collects kids’ letters to Santa, holiday art - 1:34 pm
- Vac and Dash donates $420 to Anson County Partnership for Children through their “Shop Local – Give Local” campaign - 11:32 am
- Wadesboro firefighters help fight western North Carolina wildfire - 5:41 pm
- USDA’s five tips for a food-safe Thanksgiving - 2:37 pm
- Police: Wadesboro man threatens victim with gun for $20 - 2:01 pm
- North Carolina high school artists’ work on display at Anson County Arts Council - 11:47 am
- Study: Ansonians have lowest debt in state - 7:13 pm updated: 2:42 pm.
- Anson native Louis St. Lewis commissioned to create art for hotel chain - 5:48 pm
- Anson County added to North Carolina burn ban list - 5:16 pm
- Students, adults honored by Anson County school board - 2:59 pm
Employee charged in Rockingham Waffle House fire
ROCKINGHAM — Police have made an arrest, charging an individual for setting a fire at Waffle House last month — though that person isnR...
Wadesboro police settle in new building
Officers with the Wadesboro Police Department are working to put the finishing touches on their new building.The department was housed along with the ...
Ansonia to show Christmas play written by Lilesville native
Octavia Plays will present the holiday play, “The Beauty of it All” beginning this weekend.The performances will be held at the Ansonia Th...
Rep. Robert Pittenger outlines plans for NC’s 9th district
Rep. Robert Pittenger kept his congressional seat on election night and has plans to work on health care, national security, the economy and more. ...
Santa will visit Wadesboro after parade
The annual visit with Santa sponsored by Anson County Partnership for Children will be held immediately following the Christmas Parade on Thursday, De...
Turners plan Anson County Christmastime open house for Relay for Life
Amy and Chris Turner are busily preparing their 10th annual Christmas open house to help fight cancer.Each year, Amy Turner dusts off her Christmas de...
Team lost to Cuthbertson last Friday
After suffering a home-game loss last week, Coach Ralph Jackson said the Bearcats are preparing for a tough game against Marvin Ridge this Friday.R...
Ashton Locklear gets to live out a lifelong dream
SAN JOSE, Calif. — Ashton Locklear planned for 16 of her 18 years on making the U.S. Olympic Team.So July 10, when the announcement was made in ...
Ashton Locklear refuses to give up on her dream
SAN JOSE, Calif. — Ashton Locklear was 2 years old when she decided she wanted to be an Olympic gymnast.That decision – based on watching ...
Jody Meacham to document Ashton Locklear’s journey at Olympic trials
ROCKINGHAM — The Olympic trials are taking place this weekend in San Jose, California.Hamlet native Ashton Locklear will be vying for a spot on ...
Wadesboro Trojans cheerleaders place in competition
The Wadesboro Trojans cheerleaders all placed in a competition May 14 at Rocky River High School in Charlotte.Both the Trojans’ Level 1 Diamonds...
Memories ofThanksgivingsfrom the past
Pilgrims left Plymouth, England on September 6, 1620, headed to the New World. They arrived in Massachusetts in late November at Plymouth Rock. Upon t...
Whiskey Willie:Uwharrie areamoonshiner
Moonshining began very early in American history, shortly after the Revolution. The U.S. found itself struggling to pay for the expense of fighting a ...
Anson County teens, boys visit White House and more on trip to Washington, D.C.
Several young boys and teenagers had the chance to visit the nation’s capital this month.The Caraway Foundation sponsored the trip, sending 14 9...
Halloween memories: Apples, popcorn and candy
Since Halloween has just come and gone, it caused me to think about ones from my past that stand out in my mind. Let me say right to start with that I...
Jesus is Lord Christian School announces first nine weeks honor roll
All A’s• Second grade — Cara Davis• Third grade — Daniel Thomas and Preston Thomas• Fourth grade — Vashti Sm...
West Deep Creek M.B.C. preps for 150th anniversary
West Deep Creek Missionary Baptist Church will celebrate its 150th anniversary Nov. 11-13.The celebration will begin with a banquet at 6:30 p.m. Frida...
TAR HEEL VIEW: Allison the right choice for treasury head
A former Wilson community leader is reportedly in the mix for a high-profile position in President-elect Donald Trump’s administration.Retired B...
GOP elephants never forget
North Carolina Democrats have spent much of the last week indignantly denouncing an array of Republican actions, attitudes and options as “outra...
Bad Girls at Samarcand
If you asked almost anybody in the world to tell you about Samarcand and you got any answer at all, it would be about an ancient city still existing i...
Let’s makeAmericakind again
I’m a crier of happy moments. If I witness an act of kindness, I sometimes boo-hoo like a baby.Recently, I’ve seen a few Facebook posts fr...
LETTER: Citizens send mixed signals
To the editor:In his fine column of Nov. 19, Robert Lee described a society in peril, that has lost its way, and touched upon divisions in American so...
LETTER: Trump did not win
To the editor:Hillary Clinton, by popular vote, won this election.Donald Trump did not win — hate won, fear won, racism won, sexism won, homopho...