Wadesboro alcohol ordinance 50 years old; Anson has controversial alcohol history
Anson County churches celebrate Holy Week
N.C. honors those who fought, died in World War I
Anson commissioner, crash survivor thanks sheriffs, first responders
Ansonia audience treated to tall tales
- Anson County Democrats host convention - 6:18 am
- Wadesboro alcohol ordinance 50 years old; Anson has controversial alcohol history - 7:51 am
- CHS Anson, other Charlotte-area hospitals lift flu visitor restrictions - 7:39 pm
- April is Distracted Driving Awareness Month - 3:36 pm
- Anson Charter Academy will receive state vote in June - 4:32 pm
- Anson County churches celebrate Holy Week - 2:04 pm updated: 2:08 pm.
- LITTLE - 8:45 pm
- Wingate University employees honored - 7:35 pm
- Anson County sixth-graders learn about holocaust, see the play “Etty” - 5:53 pm
- Cancer survivors, caregivers invited to Relay for Life reception - 3:42 pm
- Anson County Partnership for Children celebrates children, promotes abuse awareness - 3:09 pm
- Roads closed in Anson, Union counties for CSX railroad crossing repairs - 2:19 pm
- Lanesboro Correctional Institution captain convicted of tax fraud - 2:17 pm
- Wadesboro Lions Club celebrates N.C. Arbor Day, gives trees to kids - 2:16 pm
- N.C. honors those who fought, died in World War I - 2:13 pm
- Strawberry crops set to peak near Easter following warm winter - 2:11 pm
- Anson commissioner, crash survivor thanks sheriffs, first responders - 2:11 pm
- Ansonia audience treated to tall tales - 2:09 pm
- Town of Wadesboro begins grant process for long-awaited street repair - 2:03 pm
- Anson County Health Department celebrates National Public Health Week - 2:02 pm
- South Piedmont Community College receives $15,000 for scholarships - 2:02 pm
- Wadesboro police plan Traffic Safety Awareness Day - 2:01 pm
- Wadesboro police: Logging truck caused Anson County bus wreck - 10:43 pm
- North Carolina Ag dept. urges poultry growers to watch for avian flu - 4:11 pm
- Anson County Partnership for Children plans children’s parade, play - 5:02 am
Cancer survivors, caregivers invited to Relay for Life reception
Local cancer survivors and their caregivers are invited to attend the annual Survivor and Caregiver Reception in Wadesboro on Sunday, April 23.The Rel...
Anson County Partnership for Children celebrates children, promotes abuse awareness
One thousand blue pinwheels spin in the wind, reflecting sunlight on the lawn of the Anson County Courthouse.The toys are a sign of childhood playfuln...
Roads closed in Anson, Union counties for CSX railroad crossing repairs
Several roads throughout Anson and Union counties will be closed as CSX Railroad begins repairs on the crossings.Traffic will be rerouted from the clo...
Lanesboro Correctional Institution captain convicted of tax fraud
RALEIGH – A correctional captain with the North Carolina Department of Public Safety at the Lanesboro Correctional Institutional in Polkton was ...
N.C. honors those who fought, died in World War I
To mark the 100th anniversary of the United States joining World War I, Gov. Roy Cooper proclaimed 2017-18 as the World War I Centennial Years.Cooper ...
Bearcats split games at Richmond
ROCKINGHAM — The Anson County boys and girls varsity basketball teams split their season openers last Tuesday, Nov. 29, when they traveled to Ro...
Middle-school Anson Bearcats win football conference championship
The Anson Middle School Bearcats finished up their historic season Nov. 16 by defeating Spring Hill Middle School and winning the conference champions...
Johnson inducted in Fayetteville State University Athletic Hall of Fame
Former Bowman High School student athlete Richard Johnson was inducted in the Athletic Hall of Fame on Oct. 28 at Fayetteville State University.At Fay...
One campaign’s happy ending
By the time you read this, the election will be over. Some will be licking wounds, others celebrating.While the candidates have been appearing in ever...
Mavericks beat Anson
The Bearcats lost a home game to the Marvin Ridge Mavericks last week and are preparing for a game against Sun Valley this week.The 36-22 loss at home...
Team lost to Cuthbertson last Friday
After suffering a home-game loss last week, Coach Ralph Jackson said the Bearcats are preparing for a tough game against Marvin Ridge this Friday.R...
Morven chapter of Las Amigas, Inc. names 2017 Virtuous Woman
MORVEN — Yolanda G. Creech was crowned as the Virtuous Woman 2017 at the annual Virtuous Woman program sponsored by the Morven Chapter of Las Am...
Burnsville center distributes toothpaste, backpacks
For the RecordThe Burnsville Recreation and Learning Center’s Backpack Program recently provided toothpaste and backpacks to 20 or more children...
Southside Baptist Church in Wadesboro hires new pastor
Southside Baptist Church has announced that the Rev. Bruce Landon has accepted the position of pastor effective March 26.Landon holds a master of arts...
Traywick receives posthumous Ada Ford Singleton award
For the RecordThe family of the late Curtis C. Traywick Jr. received a certificate of appreciation from the Ada Ford Singleton Biography Committee on ...
Hampton B. Allen Library plans author talk with Austen-inspired novelist
The Brown Bag Book Club will welcome author Regina Jeffers for its meeting on April 17.Regina Jeffers was a public classroom teacher for 39 years and ...
Bubba Brown: Anson County’s champion loafer
Bubba Brown was a colorful character well known around Wadesboro and Anson County some years ago. He could frequently be seen walking the streets or r...
See all types of green this spring: Financial Literacy Month
FAYETTEVILLE — April is Financial Literacy Month, and there is no better time than right now to save for your future. The earlier you start savi...
A NC mountain woman’s adventure in Bulgaria
Why would North Carolinian Elizabeth Kostova, who is a New York Times No.1 bestselling author, set her action-packed novel in Bulgaria?I will give you...
Hitler referencesminimize horrorsof the Holocaust
Memo to politicians and their flacks: The next time you’re fumbling for a handy historical figure with whom to compare whoever you’re deno...
OUR VIEW: General Assembly should protect free speech on campus
From East Carolina University’s ban on posters and fliers with language “offensive to a member of or a visitor to the university community...
While President Donald Trump and Chinese leader Xi Jinping were getting to know each other last weekend, a native North Carolinian was warning that th...
Social Security in plain language — it feels good to be understood
FAYETTEVILLE — Social Security is with you throughout life’s journey. As in any relationship, communication is key to forging strong conne...