The sixth annual Carolinas Writers Conference will be held at South Piedmont Community College’s Lockhart-Taylor Center from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday. Registration fee is $15 and includes a light lunch.
The conference is sponsored by the Anson County Writers Club, SPCC, the Anson County Tourism Development Authority, and Uwharrie Bank.
By request from past workshop leaders and attendees, the workshops have been extended to two hours. There will be four morning workshops and three afternoon workshops, followed by a question-and-answer session.
Leaders are award-winning authors and experts in the craft of writing. The morning sessions will include:
- Michelle Buckman: Intensive Writing. If interested in having your work discussed during class, send three pages to email@example.com and put 2014 CWC Workshop in the subject line;
- Craig Faris: The Wrong Way to Get Published;
- Barbara Mellin: Writing for Magazines;
- Cathy Pickens: Why Bother with “Getting it Right” in Fiction.
Afternoon workshop leaders are:
- Craig Faris: Conflict and Suspense;
- Robin Weaver: Getting into Deep POV (Point of View);
- Tamra Wilson: The Successful Columnist/Blogger.
For complete descriptions of the workshops and information about the authors, go to www.carolinaswritersconference.org.
Registration will begin at 8 a.m., but the committee requests that those who plan to attend register in advance in order to get an accurate headcount for lunch. Register on line at www.carolinaswritersconference.org or mail payment to: Anson County Writers’ Club, 2014 Conference, P.O. Box 363, Wadesboro, NC 28170.
If you plan to attend but would prefer to pay at the door on the day of the conference, or for more information, call Sandy Bruney at 704-694-5211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.