Short Session Begins
N.C. House Passes Omnibus Tax Bill
The North Carolina House of Representatives passed the Omnibus Tax Bill (HB 1050) on Thursday and the bill was signed into law by Governor Pat McCrory. The bill was filed at the beginning of short session and was debated in both the House and Senate before concurrence. The bill contains a variety of technical corrections to existing tax law, but two main changes dealt with eliminating privilege license taxes and incorporating a modest sales tax on e-cigarettes.
Youth Offenders Rehabilitation Act, HB 725
The House passed HB 725, the Youth Offenders Rehabilitation Act, that would classify 16- and 17-year-olds as juveniles for misdemeanor charges.
Union County Meetings & Events
- Marshville Town Hall
- Fairview Town Hall
- Union County Community Arts Council Breakfast
- Newly Remodeled Farmers Market Opening
- BBQ Judge for Monroe Beach, the BBQ, and Blues Celebration
Anson County Meetings & Events
- Chamber Safety Achievement Awards Banquet
- First 2000 Days: Childcare Appreciation Banquet
- Anson Animal Shelter Dedication and Open House
- HOLLA Literacy Event in Morven
Happy Memorial Day!
Rep. Brody and his wife, Lisa, attended both the Anson County and the Town of Waxhaw Memorial Day Ceremonies to honor our veterans.
Office of Representative Mark Brody
District 55, Anson & Union County
2219 Legislative Building- Raleigh, NC
Raleigh office: 919-715-3029
District office: 704-575-5906
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com