Anson County Parks and Recreation is gearing up for fall sports and has announced leagues and registration information.
The following leagues are offered:
• Youth Flag Football: Kindergarten through second, third and fourth grades, fifth and sixth grades.
• Tee Ball: Ages 4-6.
• Coach Pitch Baseball: Ages 7-8.
• Micro Soccer: Ages 3-4.
• Youth Soccer: Kindergarten through second, third and fourth grades, fifth and sixth grades, seventh through ninth grades, and 10th through 12th grades.
• Girls Fast-Pitch Softball: Ages 4-20, and will be split into six teams (ages 4-6, 7-8, 9 and 10, 11 and 12, 13-15, and 16-20.
The department said it is hosting preregistration for the winter sports this month.
Micro Basketball includes ages 3-5. Basketball leagues are also planned for kindergarten through second, third and fourth grades, fifth and sixth grades, seventh through ninth grades, and 10th through 12th grades.
• Peachland-Polkton Elementary School: today, from 4-6 p.m.
• Ansonville Elementary School: today, from 4-6 p.m.
• Morven ElementarySchool: Thursday, from 4-6 p.m.
• Lilesville Elementary School: Thursday, from 4-6 p.m.
Fees for Youth Soccer, Micro Soccer, Tee Ball, Coach Pitch, and Girls Softball are $25; Youth Flag Football is $30.
Registration is also available at the Parks and Recreation office, 845 Airport Road, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. until 5 p.m., or online at co.anson.nc.us. Forms can also be filled out and sent by email or text. For more information, contact Jeff Waisner at 704-695-2550, Wendell Small at 704-695-2782 or Allen Jackson at 704-694-5751.