As part of Anson County Tourism Development Authority’s commitment to promote tourism and encourage economic development, the organization is rolling out a street banner program to enhance its streetscapes and promote the community.
The program is part of the countywide wayfinding and branding project. Banners in the uptown core of Wadesboro — which are seasonal for spring, summer, fall, Christmas and winter — will be rotated five times per year by the town of Wadesboro.
These banners are funded by local businesses or individuals as part of public-private partnership efforts for tourism and economic development in the county. The themes and design are the responsibility of the TDA.
Several organizations and individuals have already sponsored banners, including:
• Anson County Chamber of Commerce
• Anson County Economic Development Corporation
• Carl Gibson, Lacy’s
• Carolina Title
• Carolinas Healthcare System-Anson
• Collini & Johnson, PC
• H.W. Little & Company Hardware
• Hair Designs by Jeff Cappell
• Anne Leary, in memory of Stephen Leary
• James R. Harrington Surveying
• Jeff Boothby, Woodsmen Forestry
• Ken Tyson’s New York Life Office
• Lewis B. Evans, Consulting
• Oliver’s Hometown Restaurant & Bar
• Parson’s Drugs
• Richard Allen, API Security
• Shelby and Tim Emrich
• The Dream Inn
• Turner & Tyson, PLLC.
For more information, contact the tourism board’s vice-chairman, Lewis Evans, at 704-695-4238.